Serving Houston communities such as:
- Houston, Texas
- Spring, Texas
- The Woodlands, Texas
- Conroe, Texas
- Montgomery, Texas
- Tomball, Texas
- Magnolia, Texas
- Cypress, Texas
- Jersey Village, Texas
- Surrounding Areas: Willis, Texas, Waller, Texas, Plantersville, Texas, Huntsville, Texas
Christian Youth Theater of Houston stands in the forefront in its commitment to the highest ethical, moral, technical and artistic standards of theater arts excellence. Instructors are professionals, qualified in teaching and/or performing, who must understand our mission statement, values, objectives and goals. The staff of Christian Youth Theater Houston strive to be excellent role models in children's musical theater arts.
... (read more)
CYT offers three kids theater arts sessions around the Houston area during the school year (fall, winter and spring). Each theater arts session consists of nine weeks of two hour classes, plus a high-energy "SHOWCASE" performed by each class for the other students as well as family and friends. The cost for a class is currently $195 per student. A sibling/multiple registration discount is offered (second child/class $185)
A wide variety of classes are offered (core classes in drama, voice, and dance, plus specialty classes which vary from session to session). CYT Houston offers small classes (usually 12-14 students) with adequate supervision both inside the classroom (teacher) and outside the classroom.
Classes are held in multiple locations on different week nights to provide more opportunities for families to participate. Check the current class or camp schedule for more information.
CYT is a family oriented organization dedicated to providing entertaining activities which can involve the entire family. As such, at least one parent of each student cast in the production must serve on both a pre-show and a show-week Production Committee. Without the support of parents, CYT could not produce high-quality community shows. Parents are the backbone of CYT!
• To make the arts as accessible to children as sports or scouting programs throughout the entire country.
• To serve as a training ground for future generations in the performing arts.
• To develop character traits and abilities in individuals including commitment, discipline, self-esteem, confidence and integrity.
• To sustain the family unit through the direct involvement of each family members' talents, interests and abilities.
• To provide a quality product without compromising a wholesome environment.
• To place the maximum worth on people and treating each individual with respect and significance.